Brizida Magro is a Boulder, Colorado-based illustrator. Brizida holds a BFA in Illustration from Brigham Young University and an MFA in Graphic Design from Utah State University.
She is passionate about rock climbing, wandering the world and bringing stories to life. She works primarily in digital media, often with an analog touch that incorporates collage, gouache, and china marker. She enjoys simplicity, whimsy, wee characters, and collecting vintage papers.
Raised by her grandmother and sister, she spent her childhood in a small Portuguese fishing town. Growing up, they would often make things by hand as a family.
Her childhood has greatly influenced her current work, which blends together the innocence of vintage children’s art, the naiveté of folk art, and frolicking adventures through mountains and deserts.
The artist is represented by the fine folks at The Bright Agency.
Her children's publishing client list includes: Albert Whitman, Green Willow, Harper Collins, Walker Books, Scholastic Asia, and Penguin Random House.
Follow her on Instagram @sweetbeyond.
- 2022 World Illustration Awards - Shortlist
- 2022 SCBWI National Winter Conference: Portfolio Showcase - Grand Prize Winner
- 2020 SCBWI National NYC Winter Conference: Portfolio Showcase - Honorable Mention
- 2019 SCBWI Rocky Mountain Letters and Lines Conference: Portfolio Showcase - Grand Prize Winner
- 2020 World Illustration Awards - Longlist